APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 ACADEMY FOR GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT COHORT WILL BE OPEN ON OCTOBER 3, 2016.
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY OCTOBER 31, 2016.
New Cohort Information Sessions will be held as follows (lunch will be provided):
- October 11th, noon-1pm in the Engineering Building, room 3405 A/B
- October 19th, noon-1pm in the Biochemistry building, room 402
- October 20th, noon-1pm in the Morrill Hall of Agriculture, room 410
Take a look at our new video! Follow this link, or watch the video below, to see MSU faculty and past cohort members talk about the value of our program.
With Michigan State University placing an increased emphasis on its global footprint, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the College of Engineering partnered to create the Academy for Global Engagement Fellowship program. The creation of the fellowship program and the sustained success has been in part due to the of generous financial support, positive advocacy, and involvement from the leadership of both colleges, the Office of the Provost, and International Studies and Programs.
The AGE is designed to empower early- and mid-career faculty at MSU to become the next generation of groundbreaking researchers who will dedicate their life’s work to doing extraordinary things at the global level. Launched in 2014, the purpose of the AGE is to:
- Build a growing cohort of faculty who are building global research relationships, problem-solving with global partners and viewing their scholarship through a global lens.
- Heighten global awareness and dialogue.
- Elevate the status of MSU’s global mission.
- Tap into campus resources in international programming.
- Capitalize on opportunities to leverage external resources and partnerships.
- Be a force in developing global research project priorities and influence high-level strategies to address them.
The AGE is creating a new generation of international research experts at MSU by offering faculty an innovative opportunity to expand their scholarship on a global level. Working with faculty who have passion and determination, the Academy for Global Engagement will propel great thinkers on MSU’s campus to use their work to contribute solutions to the grand challenges of the 21st century.