SAVE THE DATE: Mark your calendars for April 13, 2017! Join our 2017 Fellows, MSU colleagues and leaders, and representatives from Washington, D.C. for the Campus Convening Public Sessions. From 8:30 - 11:50am, representatives from campus and D.C. organizations will discuss best practices when it comes to communicating and interacting with funders and relative resources. Confirmed attendees from D.C. include: DAI, National Insitute of Food Agriculture - USDA, National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, USAID, US Department of State, and the World Bank.
Take a look at our video! Follow this link to see MSU faculty and past cohort members talk about the value of our program.
With Michigan State University placing an increased emphasis on its global footprint, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the College of Engineering partnered to create the Academy for Global Engagement Fellowship program. The creation of the fellowship program and the sustained success has been in part due to the of generous financial support, positive advocacy, and involvement from the leadership of both colleges, the Office of the Provost, and International Studies and Programs.
The AGE is designed to empower early- and mid-career faculty at MSU to become the next generation of groundbreaking researchers who will dedicate their life’s work to doing extraordinary things at the global level. Launched in 2014, the purpose of the AGE is to:
- Build a growing cohort of faculty who are building global research relationships, problem-solving with global partners and viewing their scholarship through a global lens.
- Heighten global awareness and dialogue.
- Elevate the status of MSU’s global mission.
- Tap into campus resources in international programming.
- Capitalize on opportunities to leverage external resources and partnerships.
- Be a force in developing global research project priorities and influence high-level strategies to address them.
The AGE is creating a new generation of international research experts at MSU by offering faculty an innovative opportunity to expand their scholarship on a global level. Working with faculty who have passion and determination, the Academy for Global Engagement will propel great thinkers on MSU’s campus to use their work to contribute solutions to the grand challenges of the 21st century.