THE 2018 APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE DUE OCTOBER 19, 2017, AT 5PM. Please see this page for further information.
The Academy for Global Engagement empowers MSU faculty to research and develop solutions to critical challenges through innovative global partnerships.
Michigan State University places great emphasis on its global research and development impact. To strengthen and grow its legacy of global engagement, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the College of Engineering partnered to create the Academy for Global Engagement (AGE) Fellowship program.
The AGE is designed to empower early- and mid-career MSU faculty to become the next generation of groundbreaking global researchers. Launched in 2014, the purpose of the AGE is to:
- Build a growing cohort of faculty who are building global research relationships, problem-solving with global partners and viewing their scholarship through a global lens.
- Heighten global awareness and dialogue.
- Elevate the status of MSU’s global mission.
- Tap into campus resources in international programming.
- Capitalize on opportunities to leverage external resources and partnerships.
- Be a force in developing global research project priorities, and influence high-level strategies to address them.
Working with faculty who have passion and determination, the Academy for Global Engagement will propel great thinkers on MSU’s campus to contribute solutions to the grand challenges of the 21st century.
The creation of the fellowship program and its sustained success has been in part due to the generous financial support, positive advocacy, and involvement from the leadership of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the College of Engineering, the Office of the Provost, and International Studies and Programs.